Foods to boost your metabolism with Mayver’s

Amongst the dozens of new diet fads or lifestyle choices that cycle through popularity, eating to support your metabolism and understanding the role it has on dieting is something that we’re beginning to hear a lot more about1, so Mayver’s ambassador and leading dietitian, Susie Burrell, has provided a breakdown on what it is, the benefits and what to be mindful of. 

Susie explains that when people hear about metabolism diets, they’re typically looking for a quick fix to shave off excess weight and while there are certainly foods that may provide a boost to your metabolism, your diet forms only one part of the puzzle when it comes to weight control or weight loss. 

“Metabolic rate, or the number of calories our body requires each day to function is heavily influenced by genetics, around 75%, leaving us with only 25% that we’re able to control through diet and exercise,” Susie says 

“Protein rich foods such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, legumes and nuts or seeds require more calories to metabolise than fat or carbohydrate rich foods and as such including a protein rich food at each meal can help to increase metabolism slightly. 

“Specific foods that also help to increase metabolic rate include chilli as well as coffee and tea thanks to the stimulatory effects of caffeine. 

“My tip is to consume small, around 200-300 calories, more frequent meals that contain these types of foods and fortunately, they’re very easily incorporated into a nutritionally balanced diet. 

“In the beginning of the day you could enjoy a whole grain wrap with eggs or a peanut butter smoothie, using a 100% natural peanut butter like Mayver’s. 

“For lunch or dinner, meat, eggs and whole grains can easily form the base of a pasta or buddha bowl, topped with fresh or roasted vegetables and a nut or seed dressing, to make it nutritionally balanced and delicious. 

“Your energy output plays an extremely significant role in boosting your metabolism. When you are looking to lose weight in a healthy and controlled way, your energy output (exercise) needs to exceed your energy input (food), so if you only focus on what you eat, it could be a while before you begin to see results.” 

“From a movement perspective, the body gets used to the same habits and routines very quickly and becomes more efficient at doing them, burning fewer calories as a result. So, mixing up your exercise routine, alongside your diet, is a good way to give your metabolism a boost.” 

If you’re looking to incorporate more recipes that may boost your metabolism as part of a nutritionally balanced diet, try Mayver’s Peanut Butter and Maple Granola for breakfast or its Peanut Butter and Raspberry Protein Bars for a mid-morning or afternoon snack. 

About Mayver’s

Mayver’s is an Australian family-owned natural spread company. All Mayver’s natural spreads and bars are vegan and contain absolutely no added oil, sugar, gluten, dairy, cholesterol or hardened fats and are nothing but goodness for your family. 

Mayver’s Peanut Butter and Nut Spreads are available at Woolworths, Coles and independent retailers Australia-wide and Mayver’s Wholefood Bars are available exclusively at Coles, Australia-Wide. For more information or recipe inspiration visit mayvers.com.au

Check out the best recipes by Mayver’s:

Protein Smoothie

Delicious Oatmeal Protein Balls

Satay Chicken Skewers

Oatmeal Protein Balls

Dairy free Satay Tofu Vermicelli Salad

Foods to boost your metabolism with Mayver's
  • Save

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap